Oklahoma Scholastic Chess Organization is a statewide organization, operated by a large group of service oriented volunteers, with the support of Donors and Members, to effectively promote and improve Oklahoma Scholastic Chess for our youth, so that more can experience the benefits of chess.
Tournaments are also rated with Chess eXpress RatingsTogether, we can do a lot of things, like:
- Promote the formation of new scholastic chess clubs
- Improve communication between existing scholastic chess clubs, organizers and coaches
- Support more chess training and other chess events outside chess club meetings
- Facilitate more chess tournament opportunities for grades K-12
- Provide a high quality annual Oklahoma State Scholastic Chess Championship Tournament and Grade Championship Tournament
- Scholarships to national chess tournaments for improved representation of Oklahoma
- Encourage more chess scholarships at Universities and Colleges in Oklahoma
- Develop the future generations of adult chess players for a lifetime of chess enjoyment and the pursuit of intellectual endeavors.
- and more...
- PLEASE contact OSCO with your ideas about how to better promote and improve Oklahoma Scholastic Chess for the benefit of our youth.
is to promote chess in Oklahoma for the educational and social benefit of K-12th grade students.
is to make chess widespread throughout Oklahoma K-12 schools; to organize, administer, and promote high quality, enjoyable and affordable scholastic chess tournaments and instructional events; to inform business, educational, and community leaders of the benefits of scholastic chess; and to support and encourage students who represent Oklahoma in regional and national tournaments.