The Benefits of Chess Include:
|Math Development||Pattern Recognition|
|English Skills||Dealing With Undesirable Situations|
|Communication Abilities||Learning From Mistakes|
|Creativity||Responsibility for Actions|
|Logical Reasoning||Measurable Individual Accomplishments|
|Critical Thinking||Team Spirit|
|Problem Solving||Academic Competition for All|
|Intellectual Maturity||Belonging to a Good and Diverse Crowd|
|Self Esteem||Cultural Enrichment|
|Analyzing Actions & Consequences||Social Skills|
|Planning Ahead||Empathetic Awareness|
|Complex Decision Making||Improved Attendance|
Benefits of Chess Links
- Chess Program Report of New York City Schools by Christine Palm
- Chess: A Learning Tool compiled by Steve Sawyer, Oklahoma Scholastic Chess Organization Charter President.
- Why Chess by Jim Celone
- Benefits of Chess for Youth at the Northwest Washington Scholastic Chess
- The Brainy Benefits of Chess By Beth Weinhouse at child.com
- Chess—the Best Thing this Side of Heaven by Chessmaster Jerry Meyers.
- Chess article from Time Magazine by Evan Levy of Time.com
- Benefits of Chess by Quad City Chess
Please send the webmaster any links to web pages you like that present the benefits of scholastic chess.